Virtual classroom: Unblock macOS browser camera/mic access for Mojave (10.14) and later
Starting with macOS Mojave 10.14, Apple provides the ability to control which applications installed on your system can have access to your camera and microphone.
When your browser prompts for your camera and microphone permissions, the system will also prompt for your authorization as you can see in the image below. Make sure to allow the prompted access.
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > "Privacy" tab.
- Locate the "Camera" section.
- Check the box of the browser you are using as seen in the bottom image.
- Repeat the previous step for the "Microphone" section.
- Restart your web browser.