Virtual Room: Browser permissions on macOS Mojave (version 10.14 and later)
Starting with macOS Mojave 10.14, Apple provides the ability to control which applications installed on your system can have access to your camera and microphone.
When the browser asks you for camera/microphone permissions, the system also asks for authorization. It is necessary to allow this action as you can see below:
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > "Privacy" tab.
- Locate the "Camera" section.
- Check the box of the browser you are using as seen in the bottom image.
- Repeat the previous step for the "Microphone" section.
- Restart your web browser.